In honor of the holiday of the 30th anniversary of Independence of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Academician Ibragim Yulchievich Abdurakhmonov was awarded the title of Honored Inventor and Innovator of Uzbekistan
Cotton as a Model for Polyploidy and Fiber Development Study
By Venera S. Kamburova, Ilkhom B. Salakhutdinov, Shukhrat E. Shermatov, Zabardast T. Buriev and Ibrokhim Y. Abdurakhmonov
At the request of the Ministry of Innovative Development, scientists of the Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan for the first time in Uzbekistan read the complete genomes of the coronavirus and conducted bioinformatics analysis. The results were posted on the open data network for coronavirus genome data - the GISAID database and documented accordingly.
Please check the next page:
Center of Genomics and Bioinformatics
Main research activities:
- The study of the structure and function of genomes of agricultural crops, medicinal plants, and microorganisms and animals; and conducting of bioinformatic analysis of the functions of valuable genes of agricultural/medicinal importance;
- The study of members of new proteins, enzymes, primary and secondary metabolites of the various genetic pathways for development of genetic engineering technologies;
- The creation of novel genetic engineering and gen-knockouts technologies;
- Development of modern breeding programs such as gene and cell engineering, marker-assisted selection, genomic selection, and virtual breeding;
- Development of new high quality "genetically enriched" crop varieties and animal breeds that are resistant to stress factors on basis of obtained knowledge;
- Testing and certification of genetically modified organisms and their products;
- Coordination of laboratories and units on testing of genetically modified organisms and their products, and the development of proposals for the feasibility of utilization of genetically modified organisms and their products into the Republic based on the primary laboratory testing;
- The organization of primary field trials and seed production system for genetically engineered or MAS cultivars and their commercialization.